Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Just Puked A Little

Want to see where we could start with entitlement reform? Here's a guy rapping about his "EBT" card. EBT stands for Electronic Benefits Transfer, which is the card you get as part of the SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) if you qualify for low-income food assistance. You know, because "food stamps" was too hurtful of a term. They had to rename it so it sounded better. In other words, the program becomes harder to change/reform when you put fancy words like "supplemental" and "assistance" in the title of the program.

So this guy has enough money for a camera and sound-mixing equipment, but the rest of us have to buy his food for him? And he's CELEBRATING that? Enjoy your "free" chips, jerkwad.

Earmuffs for the kids.