Saturday, February 9, 2008

President Bush's CPAC Speech

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2008/02/08/conservatives-line-up-for-bush-the-cpac-rock-star.html

I thought I should talk about this article because I was there for this speech President Bush gave at the CPAC convention. The speech was very exciting. The President reinforced conservative principles, and he talked about several of the goals he succeeded in meeting in the past eight years of his presidency, including decreasing drug use in America by 24 percent (something I had never heard before). It was a very articulate and well-spoken speech, and the President was very light-hearted, cracking several jokes at his own expense, which is something I really admire about people.

I was also one of the people that the article mentioned who pulled an all-nighter to get in line to listen to the President speak. It was worth it, as sitting 50 feet away from the President of the United States is quite exhilarating!

No comments: